The Flex II PFO occluder enables physicians to simplify implantations and achieve state-of-the-art results1 with a steep learning curve. Over 33,000 PFO occluders have been delivered to over 70 countries around the world, with track records for performance and safety.
- The unique ball-connection between pusher and Occluder safely locks it, while it freely follows the anatomy. Once in place it is easy and quick to deliver.
- Handknitted biocompatible PET-patch allows immediate verification of the occlusion effect by ultrasound and X-ray.
- Titanium oxide covered Nitinol shows the best values of biocompatibility4 and minimized Nickel release.
- Optimized braiding: No hub and reduced material on the left arterial disc guarantees better ingrowth.
- Superior periprocedural outcome and midterm results for PFO restshunt rate.
- Excellent results in studies with recurrent stroke endpoint. No strokes in 5.3 years follow up.
- Mean procedure time: Less than 30 minutes with reduced fluoroscopic time.