The design of the Flex II ASD Occluder results in a septum alignment which increases its feasibility and patient safety during implantation.1 Recent studies found that transcatheter closure of isolated secundum atrial septal defects using the novel design of the Occlutech ASD Occluder was safe, effective and had a closure rate of 97.3 % with an excellent outcome during the 12-month follow-up period.
- Optimized braiding pattern and less material at left atrial disc.
- Titanium oxide-covered Nitinol shows the best values of biocompatibility4 and minimum nickel release.
- Spunbonded PET-patch allows for fast endothelialization.
- The unique ball-connection between pusher and occluder safely locks it, while it freely follows the anatomy. Once in place it is easy and quick to deliver.
- Lower pull in forces and improved delivery sheath compatibility.
- Reduced material exposure.
- Significantly reduced mean procedure and fluoroscopic time compared to other devices (34%)